Start Your Skin Routine With a Good Facial Cleansing
Everyone wants to look their best and self-confidence is always key, it can be hard to feel good about yourself when all you can think about is your bad skin.
That is why it's a good idea to have a skincare routine that you can stick to. Even if you don’t suffer from issues like acne or oily skin, it doesn’t hurt to adjust your skincare routine to get that perfect glow.
Don't know where to begin? Well, first make sure and deep clean your skin.
1. Break the 20-second rule. Take at least 1 minute to massage your cleanser into your face, preferably do not use fingers because it is proven that this method won’t be enough to get properly clean your skin, look for the right gadget.
Try LUCE180° Facial Cleansing and Anti-Aging Device, soft silicone bristles that will help you to get rid of debris and oil residues.
I always like to do sections - neck, cheeks, chin, nose, forehead, eyes (make sure the cleanser is suitable for your skin) don't see cleaning as a task, enjoy this mini pamper.
Massaging your skin is going to stimulate the removal of toxins, get the blood flowing, and oxygen circulating, all awesome things for your skin.
2. Cleansing in the morning is wiping away all the good things that happened to my skin in the night. No, cleansing in the morning is wiping away the sweat and dead skin that's accumulated while you slumber. If you've thoroughly cleansed as above the night before, one cleanse should be enough in the morning.
3. Water is not cleansing! I hear it regularly, I cleanse with water. Imagine if you took a white t-shirt covered in dust, cream and makeup then splashed it with a bit of water, would it be clean? No, it would not and neither is your face.
4. The cleanser makes my skin worse. That's because you're probably using the wrong cleanser. Choose a PH balanced cleanser for your skin type and not by its brand/price tag.
Do not see the cleansing wipes as a solution, they don't do the job well enough.
5. Face towels are smelly and moldy. When they're left in the corner of the bath for weeks yes they are. Fresh, clean towels are heavenly and will help to give you a much deeper clean.
Once you're done, leave it to air dry and pop it in the wash the following day, always use a clean towel.
6. I'm always too tired to cleanse. I hear you, this is why I cleanse early. Put the children in the bath and if they're old enough to sit unaided, cleanse at the sink while they splash around.
Children learn from us, get them interested in cleansing from a young age and it won't be so foreign when their zits start erupting.
7. I have a problem with my skin so I need strong products. No, you don't, again harsh products will just strip your skin and when your skin is irritated, it's going to cause further breakouts.
Look for anti-bacterial products, use a clean and soft face towel and look for a cleanser suitable for your skin. After cleansing uses an acid-based toner that will instantly lower the skin's PH.
8. Use fresh water. Don't fill up the sink and splash your face, you're splashing your face with dirty water, always use clean, freshwater.
9. When should I start cleansing? If you've reached 16 without needing to, well done but now is a good time to start. If you're a parent reading this and have a youngster experiencing breakouts, opt for a gentle cleanser.
My 12-year-old has been cleansing with gentle cleansing milk for close to a year, if she misses a few days she has the most terrible breakouts, it may seem young but if your youngster is already developing a skin complaint, get them cleansing as soon as you can.
I do hope that will helps you get the best from your cleansing routine.